Sunday, February 6, 2011

Timeslice


I spent another weekend in Ewing Cove in the Sucia Islands with my good buddy David. That place is a little slice of heaven for me.

I've been wanting to tell the story of our trips out there in video for a while now, but haven't been able to nail down the story. What's the story on that? Anyway, I don't just want a bunch of random scenes, I want there to be a thread that holds it all together.

David, the emerging writer (and a fine one too) talked through my difficulty with me and helped me think about it in terms of time. From that we came up with the idea of a time lapse of the tide rising, interrupted by real time video.

Here's the result of that experiment.

Shot with a 7D & 25mm Contax. 296 photos over 2 hours and 10 minutes of minimal tidal action (it only rose 2 feet during the day - the extreme tides were at night).

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool! Wow it was quiet out there huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I love the time lapse to Video idea!!!! Hi Tim

    ReplyDelete