Monday, June 8, 2009

Loosen Up...


It can be intimidating to have someone pointing a ginormous camera with a humongous lens attached to it - especially when there is time pressure and the guy behind the camera is a little bit scary.


That's how it was today when a group of us photog types got together with some volunteer models to practice our stuff.


However, Mom knew just what to to to get shy son to loosen up a little bit. Say something sly about bodily noises I 'm guessing. Had it been me at that age, I'm sure that's what would'a cracked me up like that.


The gig was this:


Eight photographers (some of us 'budding', some established professionals) gathered together to see how each of us works with a situation. We had:

1. A maternity shoot with mom, dad, son, & sister in the oven.

2. A young engaged couple.

3. A real estate professional after some head shots.


We broke the photogs into groups and put each one in the hot seat to shoot the situation for 15 minutes. Then the groups rotated to the next situation and another photog in the group was put on the spot.


15 minutes is not much time. Note to self: This is hard. I didn't have much to offer the family when this was over. I'm hopeful I 'loosened the lid on the jar' for the next photographer to get something good.


As I said, the models were volunteers - a big THANK YOU for their willingness.


Shot in the window light of Clinton James studio with 12-24 (what was I thinking?!) at 24mm, f4, 1/25th, iso 400. There was a flash available, but I didn't take the time to set it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment