Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Workin' the Dirt


I've always wanted to drive some big muscular machine to dig in the dirt.


When I was about 6 years old, my dad took me along for a trip to the garbage dump. There we saw a great big caterpillar bulldozer pushing trash and mud around. The operator must have noticed the gleam in my eye because he invited me up to the drivers seat. Wow! Was I in heaven. The rumble of the diesel engine and the clank of the tracks was wonderful music that day.


Since then, I've driven a train locomotive, a couple of forklifts, semi-trucks, and various garden tractors.


Nothing comes close to that big 'ole cat when I was a kid though...


This one shot with 50mm 1.4 at f2.8, 1/40th, iso 100, lit with a 580EX & shoot through umbrella and a 430EX with grid.

1 comment: