Friday, September 18, 2009

Waiting Up


Did my parents wait up for me when I was 18? I don't remember, but I think they must have.

Back then all I thought about was the moment I was in.
The places I wanted to go.
The friends I would go with.
What fun it would be.

I know that's what she's doing now. It's nearing time for her to chart her own way in the world.

I just want that 5-year-old to climb up onto my lap with a bed time story to read. There's a black and white photo of her that reminds me of that age around here somewhere...

Shot with 40D & 50mm at f4, 1/15th, iso 400, using a single 430EX as the porch light shining through the sunrise window of the front door.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Here's the deal....just go to bed. But the rule is that the young one must come in and kiss you goodnight. It's the best breathalyzer test but usually ends up with the darlin' sitting on your bed and telling you all about the excitement until you fall peacefully asleep. ;)

    ReplyDelete