Sunday, March 15, 2009

Remember...



I woke this morning knowing exactly what I wanted to make a photo of today. We've had a bit of wet weather again, and I thought I'd go lie down by the edge of a pond and record raindrops hitting the surface. I finished my chores for the day and announced my intention to anyone within earshot. At nearly that moment it stopped raining.



It's a gift, really.



When I was learning, with friends of mine, how to fly model helicopters, we would complain about any weather that wasn't absolutely calm. We wanted no outside influences on our contraptions that would upset the delicate dance in the air. We used to joke about buying a sailboat so the wind would die and we could go flying.



So, my photo idea was gone with the weather. I should learn to keep my mouth shut.



My youngest has been wanting to see The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, so we rented it tonight and watched as a family. It left us all in tears, reminding me why I like science fiction movies like Aliens - those monsters aren't real. And it left me with another idea: make a small tribute to all the people who have lost so much in the hate of the world. A small something to recognize the fragility of life and the hope we must all share for a light in the darkness.



Shot with 50mm at f4, 1/30, iso 100 - using a single 430EX gelled with a CTO and aimed with a diy grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment