Saturday, January 31, 2009

Backlight - First Look


I shot a wedding today as an assistant to my friend Amy Parsons. What fun to watch someone work that loves what she does.


As part of the program for the soon-to-be-wed, a "first look" was arranged, where the groom waits for his bride to walk up behind him and turn him to see her for the first time all dressed up for the wedding.


It just happened that she walked out of the sun and provided me with my back light candidate for today's theme.


Shot at 200mm, 1/400, f2.8, iso 200 - daylight.

3 comments:

  1. nicely cropped (in camera i presume?) and a great day in Feb to ahve a wedding outside. Very lucky I might add. What was the lens? What was your main lens for this wedding shoot? you going to share more shots on your website?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice positioning of yourself to get this great composition! NIce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used the following at the wedding, in order of most used to least:
    70-200 f2.8 (got the above photo with this)
    17-35 f2.8-4
    50 f1.4
    85 f1.8

    I'd love to replace the 17-35 with a constant aperture 2.8 - will have to save a bit to get there.

    ReplyDelete