Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Old flame


I'm one of those people that falls in love with something and can't get enough of it. I live, eat, dream, & love ___________

Fill in the blank.

In high school it was bicycles. After that, motocycles. For a while, a girl with a horse. And now, photography.

One of the longest affairs I've had (other than my wife - that's now a 24 year affair) has been model airplanes. I don't build 'em unless I can fly 'em, and I don't fly 'em unless I built 'em.

So here's to flames, old and new. The ones that light a passion, and even a little obsession.

Shot with 50mm 1.4 at f2, 1/80, iso 400, overhead room lights and a little flash bounced off the wall behind me.

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet! You're gettin' your bokeh on again! And what a nice description - almost poetic. I like your writing style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from you that means on awful lot - thanks, I'm touched.

    ReplyDelete