Sunday, January 18, 2009

Music



Today is theme day and the theme is 'music'. Tim came up with the idea. Hey, he's a musician. I felt like a fish out of water. What do I know about music? I mean, I once played 'Smoke on the Water' on a guitar, but that's about it. Oh, and I could do chopsticks on the piano for a while - but the muscle memory has old-timers and it's all gone.


So I turned to the current family expert who plays the violin (and volunteered all by herself without bribing by me). She sounds good all by herself too - doesn't need the whole orchestra covering up for her.






Shot at 1/250th, f5.6, iso 100, 20mm with Tamron 17-35. Main light AB 800 with 20 deg grid. Background 'stage' lights are Canon 430EX speedlights with home made grid spots.

3 comments:

  1. E-
    you have outdone yourself on this one!!!! My favorite in January, thus far anyhow!!!!
    I love your 2 speedlights in the back and I want to know what song she was playing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love how it's so dark in the background. And how her arm and shoulders fade to black. Just awesome! Nice cropping and placement of the "spotlights" too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another example of pouring so much light on the subject that the background goes to black. It wasn't black to my eye, but it's probably 6 stops or more below the flash.

    ReplyDelete